Businesses are currently experiencing disruption. The supply of new technologies, the competition and the requirements of both, customers and market, demand changes and innovation of new groups.
At Cisco Solution Makers 2017, you'll have the opportunity to learn about the challenges that Financial, Retail and Hospitality industry experts are facing. You will have the opportunity to listen to their needs in this series of Hackathons that will be hosted at Mexico City and Guadalajara, during the month of October.
With Cisco technologies and tools, you will be able to develop and demonstrate solutions to the challenges these experts are facing. Two members of the two finalist teams from each city will present their proposal in front of a panel of executives and international leaders, within the framework of Cisco Live Cancun,
on Monday, November 7, 2017 *.
The Cisco Solution Makers winner** team will have full access to Cisco Live Cancun 2017; each participant will receive a Meraki Access Point and will receive support from Cisco experts to continue developing their solution to become an agent of change in the digital transformation of companies in this country.
• The goal of Solution Makers is to connect different groups that participate in the financial, retail and hospitality sectors, in order to find new approaches, disruptive solutions and promote their execution.
• The program looks to bring the industry knowledege to forums where students, developers and entrepreneurs can approach today's problems with a fresh vision and, from this scenarios be able to propose news solutions that, with the help of Cisco tools could take them from the conceptualization to the materialization of the product or service.
• In order to achieve this, Cisco will host three hackathons. The main problems and challenges that the financial, retail and hospitality industries are facing will be exposed at the begining, providing you with the opportunity to innovate.
• In each hackathon you will have Access to a portfolio of Cisco tools, as well as tutorials, expert advice and the support required to develop your prototype and business model. At the end of the hackathon, you will present a prototype of your solution and its benefits.
• Make up your multidisciplinary team - 3 to 5 participants.
• At the beginning of the event, each team will receive a kit consisting of an Arduino and a Raspberry, in order to generate their prototype, which they will have to return once the event is finished, in case they are not winners. Learn about the components here and remember to enter the webinar to know more about the capabilities of the teams.
• The teams will also receive an additional sensor kit. Learn about the components here.
• The proposed solution must contain at least one Cisco component (Spark or Meraki), it is important to participate in the webinars to know how to use them.
• Two teams will be selected as finalists in each hackathon. Two members out of the two finalist teams will be able to present their solution at Cisco Live Cancun 2017, with travel expenses for two days and a Day Pass for Cisco Live Cancun 2017 included.
• The grand finale will be held on November 7th, within the framework of Cisco Live Cancun 2017, in front of a panel of Cisco managers and industry experts.